Temporary Data Analyst (Transport)
North Ryde, NSW
- Analyse & Interpret key transport data for Council
- Specialist Transport Planning Team
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
This role supports and contributes to the development of future transport policies, strategies and guidelines for City of Ryde through the collection and analysis of relevant transport data, application of legislation & technical standards, and by providing advice on transport planning matters to internal and external stakeholders.
We're looking for a passionate data analyst who can collect, collate and manage the data needed to produce multi-modal transport strategies, policies and business cases for the City of Ryde. You'll also be responsible for analysing and interpreting collected data, making recommendations on the value and potential uses of available information, and presenting the data in a variety of visual formats. In addition you'll also possess:
- Proven Data Analyst experience
- Understanding of traffic engineering, road safety, active transport and ‘place’-based transport
- Knowledge of policies, strategies, legislation, standards and practices relevant to traffic, transport, parking and road safety
- Data management and knowledge of best practice models
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) knowledge and ability to produce maps and diagrams for reporting purposes
- Investigative and data problem-solving skills in relation to planning, policy development, infrastructure sectors
- Experience working with large amounts of diverse data, including inputs for transport modelling
- Analytical, research, and problem-solving abilities, including an understanding of how to interpret customer and business needs and translate them into relevant data and information
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, particularly in communicating technical matters in a non-technical manner
- Stakeholder interaction in a complex environment
- Advanced knowledge of data management programs, as well as Excel.
Your commencing salary will range from $86,401 to $112,321 + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Flexible work options including Rostered-Day-Off Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from the office
- Ongoing training and development
- Collaborative team environment
- Health & Well-being initiatives i.e. Flu Vaccinations, Skin Checks, Fitness Passport, Fresh Fruit Deliveries etc.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact David Anderson on (02) 9952 8199 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 10 July 2022 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer