Casual Learn to Swim Officers
- $34.93 per hour (includes casual loading) + weekend penalty rates
- Various shifts available
- Uniform provided
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
The Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre (RALC) boasts an extensive range of water based learning programs, activities and features as well as a wide variety of junior and senior sporting programs held at our indoor stadium.
About the Role
Are you an energetic person who loves working with children? Do you get a buzz watching them grow from splash to stroke? Are you immediately available to work various shifts during the week or on weekends and keen to support our Schools Swimming Program during school Terms?
If you answered "Yes" to the above, then you will enjoy being part of our Casual Learn to Swim team at the Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre.
As a casual Learn to Swim Officer, you will teach swimming skills to people at all levels of ability from beginners to advanced. Your swimming groups will be diverse from small children to adults. While you will educate your groups in the various swimming strokes, you will also teach all aspects of water safety.
- You are enthusiastic, reliable and have a passion for working with children.
- You hold a current Austswim Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety qualification or Swim Australia qualification
- You hold a current CPR certificate
- You hold a current Working With Children Check or have registered for a new Working With Children check (only for applicants 18 years of age or older). For more information go to the Office of the Children's Guardian website.
- You are vaccinated against Covid-19
An Infant Aquatics Teaching Certificate and/or Teacher of Swimming for People with Disabilities Certificate and/or experience in working in a similar role is advantageous, but is not essential.
Applying for this role
To apply using our easy to use on-line application process, please complete the questions below and ensure you have a copy of your Resume ready to attach to this application as well as electronic copies of the required certificates.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Katie Shepherd on (02) 8878 5102.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety