Student Strategic Planner - Part Time
North Ryde, NSW
- Prepare planning proposals and contribute to strategic planning projects
- Be paid to learn on the job
- Part Time, 21 hours per week
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
As a Student Strategic Planner, you will prepare planning certificates under Section 10.7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, which inform property owners and prospective purchasers of the planning controls and other property issues which affect a particular parcel of land. This will include updating and checking the information provided on the certificates as required.
You will be part of the team responsible for the preparation of Planning Proposals and other land use planning policies and will have the opportunity to contribute to a range of strategic planning projects and assist in the review and preparation of planning policies. This is a great opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience as part of a professional planning team and gain an excellent understanding of the day-to-day operations of Council’s City Planning team.
- Be undertaking degree level studies in Urban or Town Planning and have completed the equivalent of at least one full year of study
- Be able to work 21 hours per week
- Have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Possess strong customer service focus and have a problem solving approach to planning issues
- Strong PC skills with proven experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in business improvement initiatives
Your commencing salary will start from $60,781.68 + superannuation (pro-rata) to reflect your actual hours of work.
Culture & Benefits
- Opportunities to learn from experienced team members
- Free shuttle bus between North Ryde station and the office
- Various health & well-being initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
- Annual Award increase and performance reviews
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Naomi L'Oste-Brown on (02) 9952 8266 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 25 April 2021 @ 11:30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety