Leading Hand Civil Construction
- Permanent Full-Time
- Work on a range of Civil Projects/Programs
- Great Conditions + Ongoing training + Career Opportunities
About the Role
The City of Ryde is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and safety conscious Leading Hand to join our Civil Construction Team. As the Leading Hand you will be responsible for coordinating the day to day activities of your team, whilst also participating as an active team member. You will assist with formwork, concreting and pipe laying to ensure jobs are completed safely and on time.
This is an interesting, busy role in a small team and will provide you with opportunities to build a long term future at the City at Ryde.
- Current Class C or higher Driver's Licence
- Certificate III in Civil or Landscape Construction
- Be safety focused and hold a current Work Health & Safety General Induction Certificate
- Significant experience in civil or landscape construction works, ideally involving public infrastructure
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills in order to fulfil the record keeping responsibilities of the role
- Self motivated with the ability to work effectively
Your commencing salary: Will be in a range from $51,015 to $66,319 p.a. + Superannuation. Your entry rate of pay subject to your job related experience, driving licence held and any other tickets/licences.
Culture & Benefits
- Enjoy Council's rostered day off (RDO) scheme
- Uniform and relevant PPE provided
- Council provided ticket renewals and paid training as required for the position
- Health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, fitness passport, etc.)
- Annual Award increases and performance reviews
How to Apply
You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, you must attach a copy of your resume. Note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Steve Archer on (02) 9952 8162 between 7:30am and 3:00pm Monday - Friday.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 May 2021 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety