Groundskeeper (x2 positions available)
- 2 positions available
- Maintain quality sporting fields & recreation areas
- Great Conditions + Ongoing training + Career Opportunities
About the role
We're looking for 2 experienced Groundskeepers to join our Sports Facilities Teams. As a Groundskeeper you will work in a small team environment responsible for the maintenance of sporting and recreational fields and parks including activities such as mowing, line marking, field renovations, irrigation operation, pest and weed control, parks equipment operation and general park and garden maintenance.
- Class C Drivers Licence
- General Induction Certificate (white card)
- Certificate III qualification in Horticulture, Greenkeeping or similar, or have proven equivalent experience
- Chemical Application/Handling Certificate (ChemCert)
- Experienced in pest and weed control
- Ability to take direction but also work unsupervised
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to maintain work safety and adhere to WHS requirements
- Experience and skills in maintaining an setting up sporting fields
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Uniform and equipment supplied
- Learning & Development opportunities (tickets/licences renewals & updates, training, opportunities to relive in higher paid positions, etc)
- Opportunity to join Social Club
- Various health & well-being initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
Your commencing salary will be in the range from $52,063 to $62,960 p.a + superannuation dependent upon relevant skills and experience.
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application system by answering the questions shown below. You will also need to attach your resume. Please note, you do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Richie Griffiths on (02) 9952 8164 between 7.30 am and 3.45 pm for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Sunday 11 April 2021 at 11.30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety