Executive Officer City Property
North Ryde, NSW
- Lead a team to achieve a range of strategic property portfolio outcomes
- Competitive salary and leaseback vehicle
- Hybrid work environment | Extra day off each month
The City of Ryde is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people who rightly expect their Council to support their hopes and aspirations.
About the Role
As the Executive Officer, City Property, your key accountabilities will include leveraging Council’s property portfolio to achieve the most efficient use of property assets, identifying and negotiating commercial opportunities to enhance Council’s property portfolio and enhancing Council’s overall financial position through the release and recycle of inefficient capital into the property portfolio.
Using your blend of leadership and management expertise, you will not only lead a multi-disciplinary team, but also provide strategic advice to the General Manager, City Shaping, and the senior executive team. You will also have extensive influencing and negotiation skills that will allow you to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The commencing annual salary offered to the successful applicant will start from $168,395 + superannuation + leaseback vehicle, dependent on your experience and qualifications
- An appropriate degree qualification and/or relevant experience
- Extensive experience in property development and project delivery, feasibility analysis and financial modelling
- Proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop a multi-disciplinary team and lead people successfully through change
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally, and utilise effective influencing, consultation, communication and negotiation skills to achieve business and organisational outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proven ability to prepare high-level briefings and reports for diverse audiences
- High level of emotional intelligence
Please note: In line with Council’s COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Culture & Benefits
- A fully maintained vehicle under Council’s leaseback vehicle policy
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- An extra personal leave day to use each month
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- 18 weeks paid parental leave, long service leave after 5 years then monthly accrual, 3 extra leave days at Christmas
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Monique Hassarati, Senior Coordinator People and Culture, on 02 9952 8280 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25 January 2023 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety