Plant Operator - Civil Construction
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Work within our Civil Construction Team
- Operate Excavators, Bobcats & Backhoe-loaders
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for 2x Plant Operators within our Civil Construction team.
Your day to day duties will be varied and can include; trenching for pipe laying, kerb & gutter installation and assisting in drainage pit installation, along with various other similar works. You will also provide labouring assistance to the team as and when required.
- MR Licence
- Backhoe-loader, Excavator & Bobcat experience
- Previous labouring experience related to civil construction or landscaping works
- Ability to read diagrams and plans related to civil construction or landscaping works
- Competent level of literacy and numeracy
- Strong safety and teamwork focus
- White Card
- COVID-19 Vaccinated
Your commencing salary will be in the range $53,074 to $66,342 p.a. + superannuation dependent upon relevant skills and experience.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Uniform and equipment supplied
- Learning & Development opportunities (tickets/licences renewals and updates, training, opportunities to relieve in higher paid positions, etc.)
- Opportunity to join social club
- Various health & wellbeing initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations etc.)
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast on-line, application system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete your application (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
* Previous applicants need not apply *
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Steve Archer on (02) 9952 8162 between 7:30 am and 3:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 February 2023 at 11:30pm
The City of Ryde is committed to Equal Opportunity and Child Safety