Casual Library Assistant
- Enjoy a varied role working across five library branches
- Work includes weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Flexibility necessary to work at short notice when needed
The City of Ryde library service comprises of five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde, and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. There is currently an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic Casual Library Assistants to join our team.
About the Role
Casual Library Assistants play a key role in delivering a responsive and high quality customer service to the community. We're looking for motivated individuals that we can add to our casual Library Assistant pool where you will provide support when staff are on leave and assist rostered shift gaps across our libraries should they arise.
The work involves providing information and assistance to customers including working at service points, the use and maintenance of software and equipment, assisting with programmed activities and maintaining the collection.
On the job training will be provided and regular reviews of performance will be carried out.
Work Hours – Hours are allocated as required. Shifts may be a minimum of 3 hours and up to a maximum of 7 hours.
Where – All City of Ryde Libraries: Ryde, Eastwood, Gladesville, North Ryde and West Ryde
When – Weekdays, evenings, and weekends
Pay Rate – Hourly rate from $33.43 (includes 25% casual loading)
- Must be available to work at short notice when required
- You must have completed Certificate III in Library & Information Services, or undertaking other library-related tertiary study, or significant experience working in a library
- Current Working With Children Check is required
- Covid-19 vaccinated
- Knowledge of the Spydus Library Management System is desired
- Current NSW drivers licence is desired
- Highly reliable and committed to your shifts
- Physically able to carry out required tasks
- Able to work independently and follow verbal requests and instructions
- Willing to work at any of the Ryde libraries upon request
- Excellent customer service skills
How to apply
Use our fast, easy to use on-line application process to apply today. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Kathy Maltby on (02) 9952 8346 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 10 July 2022 @ 11:30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety