Senior Coordinator Library Programs & Marketing
- Key Library leadership role
- Join a collaborative and progressive team
- Enjoy free parking, mobile phone and work from home option
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the 2021 Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
The City of Ryde Libraries is comprised of five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. Our libraries are vibrant and welcoming places in the local community. City of Ryde Libraries continue to innovate and strengthen our services with an emphasis on exciting new developments and emerging technologies in public libraries.
City of Ryde Libraries vision: Imagine, Connect, Learn
City of Ryde Libraries Strategic Plan 2019-2024: Great Libraries, Great Communities aspires to deliver spaces, experiences and opportunities that enhance the social, culture, recreational and lifelong needs of our wider community.
About the Role
In this role you will develop, manage and evaluate a vibrant outreach program of library activities for a diverse community that includes lifelong programs, community information, local studies, home library service, multicultural program, and children and youth services.
We are looking for someone with a passion for community engagement and program development, experience in digital marketing and communications strategies, skills in leading a dynamic and effective team and the ability to collaborate and implement change.
The library operates in a team environment in which the Library Resource and Technology, Library Operations, and Library Programs and Marketing teams work together to achieve the objectives and initiatives outlined in the library plan.
You are highly creative and have a passion for community engagement and program development. You bring to this role experience in digital marketing and communication strategies as well as innovative ideas to build library membership and use of our services.
Your leadership experience will encompass change management, consensus building, staff supervision, training and development, and performance management.
In addition, you will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science recognised by ALIA (Australian Library Industry Association) or Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing or a related discipline appropriate to the position with experience in Library Services or Cultural Development.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Drivers Licence
- COVID-19 vaccinated
Your commencing salary will be in the range $100,354 to $117,080 per annum + superannuation, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications.
Please note an Award salary increase of 2% will apply in July 2022.
Culture & Benefits
- Flexible work options with the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week
- Mobile phone and laptop provided
- Onsite parking available
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Generous uniform allowance
How to apply
Use our fast, easy to use on-line application process to apply today. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or phone (02) 9952 8351 and ask to speak with Kathleen Allen, Manager Library Services for a confidential discussion.
*Previous applicants need not apply*
Closing Date: Sunday 26 June 2022 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety