Senior Civil Engineer
- Key Role
- Deliver Council's Road & Renewal Program
- Competitive Salary + Civil Liability Allowance + Super + Leaseback Vehicle
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Engineer to help deliver Council's infrastructure renewal and refurbishment program. Working as part of professional specialist engineering team you will provide professional and technical advice to ensure the functionality, safety and sustainability of Council's civil assets, traffic management and foreshore infrastructure. You'll also be responsible for the preparation of our Four Year Delivery Plan for Council's road resurfacing, road-kerb renewal, heavy patching and car park programs.
- Be a qualified Civil Engineer with a degree recognised by Engineers Australia
- Strong experience overseeing the construction, design and maintenance of road and pavement infrastructure assets
- Experience and understanding of road pavement investigations and design
- Sound technical knowledge of road design, road construction, asset management, traffic engineering and road marking and survey procedures
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with experience negotiating with community groups and various infrastructure stakeholders
- Experience in researching technical subjects and providing written reports to support decision-making
- Proven experience in the managing of projects, processes and reporting
- Current drivers' licence
- COVID-19 Vaccination
Your commencing annual salary will range from $104,749 to $125,699 + civil liability allowance + superannuation + leaseback vehicle, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Flexible work options including working from home/rostered day off scheme/compressed work week
- Ongoing training and development
- Collaborative team environment
- Annual Performance Review and Award Increases
- Health & Well-being initiatives i.e. Flu Vaccinations, Skin Checks, Fitness Passport, Fresh Fruit Deliveries etc.
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 June 2022 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Velu Manohar on 0434 656 019, between 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety