Customer Service Officer
- Manage enquiries over the phone and face to face
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Salary commencing from $60,781.68 + superannuation
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing beautiful natural landscapes, parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Service professional to join our Customer Service team based at Top Ryde in a permanent full time capacity. You will find the work of a Customer Service Officer in local government interesting and rewarding and you will have the support of a motivated and skilled team in learning our systems, processes and range of services we provide.
- Previous experience in a Call Centre environment
- Experience dealing with customer enquiries in a "counter" or face to face situation
- High levels of reliability
- Adaptable approach to work and able to move easily between phone and face to face customer service situations
- Strong PC skills with demonstrated ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Previous experience working in local or state government, or have an excellent understanding of the services provided by local Councils
You will need to be able to work between the hours of 8.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. You will work a 37.5 hour week with a rostered day off approximately every third week.
Your commencing salary will be $60,781.68 + superannuation although higher rates may be payable to candidates with specific skills/experience in this area.
Culture & Benefits
- Monthly Fresh Fruit Deliveries
- Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to join Fitness Passport and Council's Social Club
- Health & wellbeing initiatives (flu shots, health assessments, skin checks, etc)
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 16 May 2021 @ 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the attached position description or contact Sue Sghabe on (02) 9952 8492 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety