Casual Internal Auditor
North Ryde, NSW
- Undertake Audits covering operations, performance, compliance, and more
- Enjoy various health & wellbeing initiatives throughout the year
- Hourly rate of $57.95 per hour (includes casual loading) + superannuation
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
This role is located at the North Ryde Office but may require working at other Council locations during this time.
This role will work approximately 21 hours per week. However, due to the casual nature of the role the number of hours may change from week to week.
Some of the key duties will include:
- Developing, maintaining and progressing a best practice Internal Audit function servicing Council
- Undertaking Audits covering operations, performance, compliance, best value over all Council functions
- Undertaking analysis utilising CAAT’s and best practice functions
- Maintain and develop Council’s Internal Audit reputation
The position of Casual Internal Auditor will report to the Internal Auditor and will have the following authority to enable the conduct of their role:
- To have complete and unfettered access to any Council premises, including all offices, stores, works depots, community halls etc. used by Council in the conduct of its operations or activities.
- To have complete and unfettered access to any books of account, records, files (electronic or otherwise), documents or other associated items relating to the operations of Council.
- To be supplied with all relevant information requested.
- To be provided with every assistance by staff in the performance of the duties
- Tertiary qualifications in disciplines such as Auditing, Accounting, Business, Economics or Commerce
- Extensive and recent Internal and/or External Audit experience in a medium to large organisation, local and /or state government.
- Demonstrated experience in the adherence to established strategic internal audit plans.
- Extensive experience in the end-to end execution of audits to the professional practice standards for internal audit issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written that demonstrate ability to consult, negotiate and mediate issues at all levels within the organisation and with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of audit software and financial accounting packages in a complex business environment with an emphasis on the internal control environment - Experience with application of MS Office, Technology One financials, CAAT’s preferably IDEA Audit Software.
- Current Driver's licence.
Your commencing hourly rate will range from $57.95 per hour (includes casual loading) + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Free shuttle bus between North Ryde station and the office
- Monthly fresh fruit deliveries
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- Ability to access Gym facilities on site
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Closing Date: Sunday 18 April 2021 @ 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call John Schanz on (02) 9952 8022 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety