Environmental Health Officer
North Ryde, NSW
- Undertake a diverse range of inspections and ensure regulatory compliance
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Salary from $78,725 + superannuation + leaseback vehicle
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
In this dynamic role, you will be working in a high performing team of like-minded professionals to promote, protect and enhance public and environmental health.
You will be a highly motivated and driven individual that can undertake a diverse range of inspections and deliver education to ensure regulatory compliance.
The primary duties of the role include:
- Actioning customer requests associated to public health and pollution incidents
- Completing routine compliance assessments at regulated premises, such as retail food, cooling towers and public swimming pools
- Providing sound advice to internal and external stakeholders and the assessment of technical reports including acoustic and contamination reports relating to development matters
- Developing and implementing environmental health and education related projects
- Undertaking proactive surveillance of construction and building sites and performing environmental audits to ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with suitable experience, seeking to further develop their career as an Environmental Health professional.
- A degree in Environmental Health or similar qualification
- Sound working knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Local Government Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act, Food Act, Public Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Experience carrying out routine compliance assessments of facilities such as food premises, hair and beauty salons, skin penetration premises, public swimming pools and cooling water systems
- Experience investigating complaints concerning public health risks, pollution incidents and similar issues
- Ability to assess environmental health risks and take appropriate action, including the use of compliance and enforcement options to rectify issues.
- Demonstrated experience assessing development applications related to environmental health
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Current driver’s license
Annual salary commencing from $78,725 - $84,629 + superannuation is available dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Leaseback vehicle included with the role
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- Flexible working arrangements, with optional RDO every 3rd week
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14 April 2021 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Vincent Shepherd on (02) 9952 8274 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety