Resource and Resilience Officer
- Engage with our community and across council to design and deliver programs to improve community resilience
- Work with a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment team
- Salary range from $80,020 – $90,932 + superannuation
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing beautiful natural landscapes, parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney
About the Role
Are you a ‘mover and a shaker’ with a passion for environmental and climate issues? Do you have demonstrated experience in designing and delivering programs and projects for community change with proven results?
The City of Ryde is wanting a dynamic new team member to join their Environment Department as the lead officer for delivering the Ryde Resilience Plan 2030.
About you, you will be highly motivated and have a passion and drive for building new programs delivering results. Your adaptability will support you to work to deliver a broad variety of outcomes and issues identified in the Resilience Plan to help our community and Council bounce back from future shocks or stresses likely to impact them.
You will have excellent communication skills and confidence to engage with and connect to, a wide range of audiences including businesses, community, culturally diverse and our vulnerable members of society. You will also use your own autonomy to drive and achieve outcomes of the Plan working collaboratively with the Council departments and stakeholders for delivering initiatives creating measurable behavioural change.
Ideally you will have a background and demonstrated experience in addressing issues related to climate change, resource efficiency and community issues.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, sustainable development, climate change or a related discipline
- Self-driven, motivated and able to work autonomously
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement program development, delivery of programs and application for behavioural change outcomes
- Proven experience in successful project management (including budget)
- A minimum of 3yrs work experience in areas of; climate change adaptation and mitigation application, resource efficiency or resilience planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including report writing)
- Demonstrated computer literacy
Annual salary commencing from $80,020 – $90,932 + superannuation is available dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- Get involved in various activities with our social club
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without logging-out of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
* Previous applicants need not apply*
Closing date: Sunday 30 May 2021 at 11:30 pm
If further information is required, please see the Position Description or call Kylie McMahon, Manager Environment on (02) 9952 8254 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety