Senior Pavement Engineer
- Road infrastructure construction & design specialist
- Work as part of a specialist engineering team
- Flexible working arrangements to support career and lifestyle balance
Centrally located only 12 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhood and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
We're looking for a senior engineer with vast experience in road infrastructure construction and design to look after the planning, construction and maintenance of a wide range of Council's road and pavement projects. Working as part of a professional specialist engineering team you will support the Senior Coordinator and the department to ensure the functionality, safety and sustainability of Council's civil assets, traffic management and foreshore infrastructure.
This is an outstanding opportunity for you to use your engineering knowledge and experience whilst playing a significant role in delivering vital assets to our community.
A competitive salary from $101,179 up to $116,356 plus super and CLA is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- Be a qualified Civil or Environmental Engineer with a degree recognised by Engineers Australia
- Strong experience overseeing the construction, design and maintenance of road and pavement infrastructure assets
- Experience and understanding of road pavement investigations and design
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with experience negotiating with community groups and various infrastructure stakeholders
- Experience in researching technical subjects and providing written reports to support decision-making
- Proven experience in the managing of projects, processes and reporting
- Current drivers' licence
Interested? If further information is required, please contact Charles Mahfoud on 9952 8445 for a confidential discussion or see the Position Description.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 23 February 2020 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer