Waste Projects Coordinator
North Ryde, NSW
- Great mix of creativity & project management
- Permanent full-time position
- Commencing salary up to $78,447 p.a.+ Superannuation
As a Project Coordinator in our Waste team, your focus will be to develop and implement waste reduction strategies, programs and projects in accordance with Council’s Waste Management Strategy and the EPA Waste & Sustainability Improvement Program Initiative.
To assist in achieving your outcomes you will develop and review the annual waste education/communication plan, implement specific waste communication programs for groups including schools, high schools and universities as well as using your creative skills to develop brochures and communication resources relating to the domestic waste contract.
You will also assist the team in implementing a range of Waste events and projects, including coordinating Clean Up Australia Day and the annual Household Chemical Clean Out. In addition, you will conduct community studies, focus groups and surveys into community needs & requirements for waste reduction and prepare reports of outcomes and recommendations.
This is an interesting and varied role in a committed team and is an excellent opportunity to work in a growth area of local government.
- Tertiary qualifications in Waste Management, Environmental Science, Project Management, or equivalent technical skills and experience in waste management
- Strong background in developing and delivering project based work with experience in scoping projects and preparing specifications
- Proven ability to develop and implement a targeted marketing & information campaign
- Experience in coordinating and managing waste and recycling or similar programs
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills, ideally with experience working with residents, community groups or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience preparing and delivering presentations to stakeholders including community groups
- Proven report writing/written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy in using MS applications, ideally including Indesign or similar design and publishing software
- Current driver’s licence
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Jude Colechin on 02 9952 8269 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Monday 19 March 2018 at 11.30 am. Note, interviews will be held between 26 and 29 March.