Open Space Planner
- Permanent, full time position
- Strong strategic focus
- Help shape the future of Ryde's open spaces
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced and self-motivated person to join our City Planning team as an Open Space Planner.
The City of Ryde is undergoing rapid growth particularly in the Macquarie Park Innovation District. This provides once in a generation opportunities to negotiate fantastic open space outcomes for the City and shape the recreation opportunities and well-being of the community.
The focus of your role will be to manage the preparation of masterplans and policies for the improvement of public open space in consultation with the community. Using your well-developed interpersonal skills, you will build strong links with internal and external stakeholders as part of developing and implementing strategies for the management and future development of public open space areas.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a role that has an interesting mix of policy development, project delivery, community liaison, and strategic input.
- Tertiary qualifications in Landscape Architecture, Town Planning, Applied Science in Parks & Recreation, Environmental Science or a similar discipline
- Experience in the development of policies and strategies regarding public open space
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with experience building business relationships, negotiating outcomes, and consulting with community groups
- Knowledge of current trends in open space development, planning, design and management
- Sound understanding of project management techniques and principles
- Highly developed analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork skills
The salary range for the position is $90,064 to $114,228 p.a (plus superannuation) with your commencing level dependent on your experience and qualifications.
The City of Ryde offers a professional working environment, on-going training and development, modern offices at North Ryde and flexible working conditions including an optional RDO each 3rd week.
Interested, like to know more? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Daniel Stace on (02) 9952 8103 for a confidential discussion.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21 February 2018