Planning Portal Coordinator
- Front of House administration role working with the new NSW Planning Portal digital platform
- Enjoy a Rostered Day Off approx. every 3 weeks
- Attractive salary up to $81,618 plus super and excellent benefits
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney. We are home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people who rightly expect their Council to support their hopes and aspirations. With a diverse multicultural population, and the rapid growth of millennials and young professionals – by far our single largest demographic – we know our community is looking to our Council for authentic and strategic leadership to ensure the Ryde community continues to be provided with lifestyle and opportunity at their doorstep.
About the Role
This is a full-time permanent position based out of council's office at Top Ryde. It is a unique opportunity to work as part of the Business Improvement & Customer Relation Department within the City Development Group.
As the Planning Portal Coordinator, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to the Manager Business Improvement & Customer Relations together with the Senior Coordinator Building & Development Advisory Service for the operation of the new digital services provided through the NSW Planning Portal together with new associated tasks and workflows
- Providing administrative support to employees within the Department for the new clearing house meeting process
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Ensuring files, documents and records are maintained and processed correctly
- Answering telephone, email and letter enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Organisation of meetings and accurate minute taking
- Processing and tracking of requisitions and invoices in our TechOne platform
- Attendance and participation in Department meetings
- Undertake other administrative duties, tasks and projects as required
The ideal candidate will be self motivated and able to work autonomously in a fast paced environment. As a member of the Development Advisory Service Team, you will need to ensure that the service provided is customer focussed and of a high quality to meet the needs of the community, applicants, and City of Ryde developers.
Key Requirements include:
- Higher school certificate, relevant qualifications or suitable administration experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and spreadsheets
- Data entry and records management experience
- Highly organised with an ability to multitask whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Previous experience within Local Government
- Knowledge of development and planning processes
- Working knowledge of TechOne, Content Manager and Merit software
The commencing salary range is $71,199 - $81,618 p.a + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Enjoy a rostered day off approx. every 3 weeks for full time employees
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Grant days at Christmas
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
We have a two stage interview process. The first stage of the interview process is the completion of the below questions. Please ensure you give full answers, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an in person interview. This is normally the final stage in the interview process.
Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Vince Galletto on (02) 9952 8233 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 29 January 2023 at 11:30pm
Please note: In line with Council’s COVID Safe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety