Labourer (Precinct Mowing Team)
- Keep Ryde's passive parks and streetscapes neat and tidy
- Enjoy an RDO every 3 weeks
- Employer of Choice 2021
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD.
About the Role
The City of Ryde is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and safety conscious Labourer to join our Precinct Mowing Team. Your day to day work will include operating ride-on mowers, using whipper-snippers and undertaking a variety of cleaning activities associated with the maintenance of local parks and amenities. This is an interesting, busy role in a small team and will provide you with opportunities to build a long term future at the City of Ryde.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a horticultural and grounds maintenance environment
- High levels of competency in the use of horticultural and grounds maintenance related plant and equipment
- WHS General Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills in order to fulfil the record keeping responsibilities of the role
- Self motivated with the ability to work effectively and with limited direct supervision
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
- Covid-19 vaccinated
Your commencing salary range from $50,857 to $55,587 p.a. + superannuation. Your salary is dependent on relevant skills and experience.
Culture & Benefits
- Enjoy Council's rostered day off (RDO) scheme
- Uniform and relevant PPE provided
- Council provided ticket renewals and paid training as required for the position
- Health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, fitness passport, etc.)
- Career development opportunities
- Annual Award increases and performance reviews
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application system by answering the questions shown below. You will also need to attach your resume. Please note, you do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
Closing Date: Sunday 03 July 2022 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Jonathan Harris on (02) 9952 8160 between 7:30am and 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety