Senior Sustainability Coordinator Transport & Environment (Readvertised)
North Ryde, NSW
- Deliver Council's sustainability initiatives
- Interesting mix of strategic delivery and innovation
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
Are you passionate about ecological sustainable development and have a background in sustainable transport, renewable energy, policy, and capital works project delivery?
If so, the City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for you to work at Council in a full-time position within Council’s Environment Department to contribute towards really making a difference.
Key to your success will be your influence, knowledge, and expertise in delivering environmental projects and in stakeholder management. Your strategic thinking will see you provide technical advice and assist to guide direction relating to sustainable transport and electric vehicles, sustainability for major developments, net zero carbon outcomes and for increasing clean technology uptake in the city through project delivery and innovation.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, environmental engineering, or sustainability related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in sustainable transport including electric vehicles, renewable energy projects and/ or the built environment
- Experience in developing to deliver strategic environmental and transport capital works projects
- Project management skills to research, develop, implement, and manage a wide range of projects including writing of contracts and tenders
- Excellent stakeholder communication and engagement
- Understanding and ability for providing corporate environmental report delivery
- Understanding of environmental and sustainability legislation relevant to local government
- Demonstrated computer literacy including MS applications and reporting programs
- Current drivers’ licence
- Covid-19 vaccinated
Annual salary commencing from $97,486 to $109,671 + superannuation is available dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Free shuttle bus to and from North Ryde Station and the Office
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- Flexible working arrangements, with optional RDO every 3rd week
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria
*Previous applicants need not apply*
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or for a confidential discussion contact (02) 9952 8222 and ask to speak with Kylie McMahon
Closing Date: Sunday 3 July 2022 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety