Senior Coordinator Transport & Development
North Ryde, NSW
- Key role supporting Council's Transport Strategy
- Lead and manage a small team of engineering professionals
- Facilitate better outcomes for the transport system in Ryde
- Leaseback vehicle available
Centrally located only 12 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhood and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
We are seeking an experienced and strategic Transport Leader to manage and guide a small team in the development of mitigation measures and infrastructure opportunities in response to planning and development proposals within and affecting the City of Ryde.
Your key responsibilities will be to lead and manage the Transport & Development Team through the provision of expert advice on the transport implications of major land use planning proposals and development applications, and development related traffic management plans. Assessments will consider road safety, movement and place needs for all transport system users, and transport system efficiency. Key to your success will be your ability to develop a sound evidence base, apply critical thinking, consider long term transport needs, and effectively negotiate with a range of stakeholders internal and external to Council.
- Degree in Engineering (Civil) or other relevant discipline, with substantial diversified experience in engineering and management experience
- Extensive experience in the use of intersection modelling packages (SIDRA etc.)
- Highly developed written communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare and report on business plans, service level agreements, complex briefings and technical reports in relation to various transport and traffic related matters
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions with internal stakeholders and other government agencies on transport related matters, particularly as they relate to the impacts of developments
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills and judgement, including the ability to interpret and apply legislation, policy and guidelines
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment within the Transport department or cross-departmentally
- Proven experience in leading, managing and/or coordinating the work of a technical team.
Your commencing salary is negotiable up to $130,774.19 + super + leaseback vehicle option available
In addition to the above mentioned salary, the City of Ryde offers all staff a professional working environment, on-going training and development and conditions that include an optional RDO every 3rd week.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Interested? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Michael Dixon, Manager Transport on 9952 8222 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 January 2020 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer